After starting to play Stardew Valley properly again I got thinking about some things that I wish I knew when I first started playing the game.
- Buying more inventory space – I honestly believe that many players have paid the price for not getting the added inventory space as early as possible in the game. Especially if you want to spend some time in the mines! It definitely helps and means you can mine for longer, carry more crops and not have to constantly rearrange your inventory every few minutes.
- Watching TV – Something that I stumbled upon by chance was that when watching certain TV channels in the morning you get certain ‘rewards’. If you watch the Queen of Sauce channel you get the chance to learn new recipes. Watching the Fortune Teller channel will tell you how lucky or unlucky you will be that day. Also when you have just started playing Stardew Valley the channel Livin’ Off The Land gives you some handy beginners tips.
- Do not buy a Joja membership – This is something I made the mistake of buying the very first time I played Stardew Valley and honestly did not know what the implications of buying the membership would do. As a result of buying the membership, I lost the community center and promptly gained a Joja Warehouse instead. Needless to say, I started a new save not long after.
- Not staying up too late – After wondering why my character was waking up with less money in her pockets I soon discovered it was because I hadn’t made it home before 2am and had passed out. If you go to sleep past 1am you wake up with less energy than normal. Also if you fall asleep in the mines your character will forget some of the last few levels you have gone through meaning you have to do them again.
- Looking for worms on the ground – I never really knew what the wiggly lines were on the floor until I decided to investigate a bit further. After discovering the worms can be dug up using the hoe a lot of the times you get given loot as well. You can get artifacts, ores, fruit and more from digging up worms.